Most folks will just call it a Lemon Drop, and that’s cool by me. The original cocktail was crafted by the crew at a local San Francisco bar that’s gone the way of the dodo.
I’ve made some tweaks to the original recipe because, well… folks like this drink sweet. And as Martinis go; instead of full Gin, we go half and half with Vodka and instead of Dry Vermouth, we use Combier. So here we have:
The Lemon Drop Martini (on the BoozeGuru’s terms)
- 1 ounce citrusy Gin (Leopold’s, Citadelle, Beefeater)
- 1 ounce neutral Vodka (Tito’s or Green Mark)
- 1/2 ounce Combier/Cointreau/Triple Sec
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup* (not Bar Syrup)
- 3/4 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
Add ice to your shaker.
Add all ingredients to the shaker.
Shake until your hands hurt from the cold; then shake for ten seconds longer.
Strain and serve Up in a chilled cocktail glass rimmed with fine sugar.
Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Enjoy! (or start shouting about combustible lemons… your choice.)